I used to know, but I forgot, so I need to ask. Anyone: What is the Wordpress code for one of those links where the url is hidden under a word or two of text? You click the text and then your browser takes you to the other place.
While you are in the editor:
- Highlight the text you want to link.
- Go up to the icons above the textarea and click on the “link” (which is either the workd “link” in HTML mode, or an icon of a chain link in Visual mode).
- A little box will pop up and it will be obvious where to add the link. You can either type it in or copy and paste it in.
- Click “Done” (or what ever the finished button says)
And now your selected text should be linked.
Tip: when inserting the link, make sure the http:// is included!
The link still appears at a url string. What I was hoping to do was to “hide” the url under a clickable word or phrase.
I fixed it for you. Check it to make sure that it’s correct!
Here’s what I did:
I was in “Visual Mode”:
- Copied the URL
- Deleted the URL from the line.
- Instead wrote Left Hand Waving.
- Highlighted the text: Left Hand Waving
- Went up to the Icons and chose the chain link
- In the pop-up I pasted the URL, making sure that I included the http://
- Click Done
- Then Saved it.